Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by ma...@leadglobe.com on 2001/08/21 07:40:00 UTC

apache-api/7326

The following reply was made to PR apache-api/7326; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: marc@leadglobe.com
To: apbugs@Apache.Org
Cc: marc@vader.leadglobe.com
Subject: apache-api/7326
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 22:28:37 -0700 (PDT)

 Hello,

 I have a problem starting up the apache.  The following is the error
 message:

 # /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
 Syntax error on line 211 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
 Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_negotiation.so into server: ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_negotiation.so: symbol __floatdisf: referenced symbol not found
 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
 #

 The symbol __floatdisf is part of the gcc libc src in file quad.h and c source
 floatdisf.c.  Referance http://reactor-core.org/~ejb/44bsd-cvs/bsd-i386/lib/libc/quad/

 Any idea how could I remove this error.  The apache compiled without warnings orerrors.  The comment in PR number 7326 is not very helpful.  I would like
 to know how was it solved.

 I am using Solaris 2.8 with gcc 2.95.2 and gcc 3.0.  I did use two different
 versions of the gcc compilers but without success.

  This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged.
  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me immediately.
  You should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents
  to any other person.