Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tomasz Chmielewski <ma...@interia.pl> on 2004/06/30 12:16:15 UTC

[users@httpd] forward proxy in transparent mode

Currently I'm using Squid as a proxy server, but eventually I'd like to
switch to Apache 2, working as a forward proxy.
This is because there is a mod_clamav available for Apache 2, and there
isn't anything like it for Squid.

I made some promising tests with Apache 2, however, I'm not sure if
Apache 2 is capable of working as a transparent proxy in its forward
proxy mode?

Any hint on how to do it would be really appreciated (besides port
redirecting to Apache with iptables, of course :))

Reagrds,

Tomasz Chmielewski