Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Anders Kristian Andersen <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/08 10:44:22 UTC

Re: How to build classes, WAR, EAR in one POM?

Hi Alex

One pom produces one artifact !!!!

You can see it as a structure

parent
	ear-artifact
	war-artifact

It is not worth trying other things..
Maven assembly plugins can make attachments, but this is not good in
your situation

/Anders

Posted by "Walid \"jo\" Gedeon" <wg...@gmail.com>.
Hello Anders,

You actually need only 2 poms, the compile of classes and packaging into a
war is one, and the packaging into a ear is another.

If you are willing to add a second directory next to each one, say with name
WebProject-ear, this project's pom would refer to the xml file that is
outside its sub-directory structure (ugly, but...) "../WebProject/...", and
would have a dependency on the war project.

Note: if you have many of those projects, it may also be of use to have a
common parent pom with the bulk of the configuration.

Note 2: Consider (progressively?) moving to some of the defaults maven
follows instead of customizing them, you'll find build to be more peaceful
one on the long run :-)

HTH,

Posted by Anders Kristian Andersen <an...@gmail.com>.
I see