Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2020/08/11 11:24:47 UTC

Need help merging pull requests for maven-site

Hi,

During the release I've made recently I have updated maven-site@github with
the new versions and release dates. These turn into pull requests that have
now been approved. However I seem to lack some permissions (or knowledge)
to merge these pull requests from the GitHub UI.

Can someone point me in the right direction, or help me merge these:
https://github.com/apache/maven-site/pull/189
https://github.com/apache/maven-site/pull/192
https://github.com/apache/maven-site/pull/193

Thanks in advance,
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Need help merging pull requests for maven-site

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 at 20:37, Dennis Lundberg <de...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Den tis 11 aug. 2020 kl 13:46 skrev Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
>
> > On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 at 19:40, Dennis Lundberg <de...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Olivier,
> > >
> > > I was just following our release process at
> > >

> https://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-release-procedure.html
> >

> > I do not see anything related to create pull request for such easy change
> >

> The pull requests are created automatically when you edit the github page.

I'm sure there is an option to commit/push directly..
 look at the options next time ;)

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@gmail.com>.
Den tis 11 aug. 2020 kl 13:46 skrev Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:

> On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 at 19:40, Dennis Lundberg <de...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Olivier,
> >
> > I was just following our release process at
> >

> https://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-release-procedure.html
>

> I do not see anything related to create pull request for such easy change

The pull requests are created automatically when you edit the github page.

> > Under step 2 of "Promote the release" it says
> > "In case there's an overview table with version (e.g. plugins
> > <https://maven.apache.org/plugins/index.html> and shared
> > <https://maven.apache.org/shared/index.html>) you can directly edit it
> on
> > the github page."
> >
> > Should i change those instructions to push to master if you have those
> > permissions?
>

> frankly we are adults we do not need instructions to create pr request for
> such obvious change :)

I agree :)

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@gmail.com>.