Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by 刘振 <li...@zhongyitech.com> on 2015/09/25 08:59:44 UTC

using kafka

Dear all,

I am trying to use kafka to do some job load balance and not sure if kafka support this feature:

Suppose there's more than one consumer, one message only cosumed by one consumer?

I've tried looking through document and did not find any reference.

thanks!

刘振(oswaldl)
13430863373
liuz@zhongyitech.com
深圳市中易科技有限责任公司
南山区科技南十路6号航天科技创新研究院A座405
Men don't follow titles, they follow courage!

Re: using kafka

Posted by Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If you put n different consumers in different consumer groups, each
consumer will get the same message.
Each consumer gets full data

But, if you put n consumers in 1 consumer group, it'll act as a traditional
distributed queue. Amortised, each consumer will get 1/n of the overall data

Regards,
Prabhjot

Re: using kafka

Posted by Aditya Auradkar <aa...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
I think this is what you are looking for:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Group+Example