Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2006/02/27 14:40:41 UTC

Maven builds and library tasks

A couple of maven-repository related questions. as that is the main
cause of the new projects I've added not building.

1. how do I get the local repository into enough shape that maven1
works? This is a prerequisite to getting either ws-commons or ws-axis2
to work?

2. I'm thinking of skipping classpath setup using the m2-tasks when on
gump. Is there a well known properly like "gump.run" that is set when
ant is running under gump, or should I make one up.

Re: Maven builds and library tasks

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Feb 27, 2006, at 6:52 AM, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 2/28/06, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>> A couple of maven-repository related questions. as that is the main
>> cause of the new projects I've added not building.
>>

>> 1. how do I get the local repository into enough shape that maven1
>> works? This is a prerequisite to getting either ws-commons or ws-
>> axis2
>> to work?
>
> This is a limitation in the way Gump uses m1. Traditionally, the one
> time local repository has just been synced from the previous install.
> Reproducing the failed command without -o as gump on the box should do
> it too.

That's what I've been doing. I did sync over the local repository
from VMGump at some point, but am not using it. Whenever I find a
project that doesn't build because of repository deficiencies, I go
in and run Maven by hand to make it download the jars. Perhaps (he
said, not being at all familiar with the Gump code) that could be a
fallback for automated Maven builds.

S.

Re: Maven builds and library tasks

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> On 2/28/06, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> A couple of maven-repository related questions. as that is the main
>> cause of the new projects I've added not building.
>>

>> 1. how do I get the local repository into enough shape that maven1
>> works? This is a prerequisite to getting either ws-commons or ws-axis2
>> to work?
>
> This is a limitation in the way Gump uses m1. Traditionally, the one
> time local repository has just been synced from the previous install.
> Reproducing the failed command without -o as gump on the box should do
> it too.

There's a few projects I'd like to be queued for hand execution then,
though that strikes me as a bit of a failure mode of an automated build.
But then, as I am remote-terminal server sessioned in to a cruise
control debug session in another window, they all have their failures ;(

In order
-ws-commons/axiom
-ws-commons/xmlschema
-ws-commons/policy
-ws-axis2

I could imagine a preheat mechanism to put stuff in there, either legit
stuff or (naughtily) the latest releases of everything.

Re: Maven builds and library tasks

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 2/28/06, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> A couple of maven-repository related questions. as that is the main
> cause of the new projects I've added not building.
>

> 1. how do I get the local repository into enough shape that maven1
> works? This is a prerequisite to getting either ws-commons or ws-axis2
> to work?

This is a limitation in the way Gump uses m1. Traditionally, the one
time local repository has just been synced from the previous install.
Reproducing the failed command without -o as gump on the box should do
it too.

- Brett

RE: Maven builds and library tasks

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.

For Maven projects, you can simply use maven.test.skip=true.

For Ant projects, people either use a special gump-run target, or (less
commonly) a special gump.run property.  However, you'd have to set it
explicitly in the project file:  Gump won't do it for you.

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information, such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.

Re: Maven builds and library tasks

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> 2. I'm thinking of skipping classpath setup using the m2-tasks when
> on gump. Is there a well known properly like "gump.run" that is set
> when ant is running under gump, or should I make one up.

gump.merge seems to always be there (though I forget why).

Stefan