Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by William Pierce <ev...@hotmail.com> on 2009/10/14 19:51:36 UTC

Adding callback url to data import handler...Is this possible?

Folks:

I am pretty happy with DIH -- it seems to work very well for my situation.    Thanks!!!

The one issue I see has to do with the fact that I need to keep polling <<url>>/dataimport to check if the data import completed successfully.   I need to know when/if the import is completed (successfully or otherwise) so that I can update appropriate structures in our app.

What I would like is something like what Google Checkout API offers -- a callback URL.  That is, I should be able to pass along a URL to DIH.  Once it has completed the import, it can invoke the provided URL.  This provides a callback mechanism for those of us who don't have the liberty to change SOLR source code.  We can then do the needful upon receiving this callback.

If this functionality is already provided in some form/fashion, I'd love to know.

All in all, great functionality that has significantly helped me out!

Cheers,

- Bill

Re: Adding callback url to data import handler...Is this possible?

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
It is not yet implemented .You may open an issue for the same

--Noble

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:14 PM, William Pierce <ev...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> If the JavaScript support enables me to invoke a URL,  it's really OK with
> me.
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Bill

The eventhandler