Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/16 23:17:24 UTC

Re: Solr - Load Increasing.

Hi,

Your autoCommit settings are very aggressive.  I'm guessing that's what's causing the CPU load.

btw. what is "laks"?

Otis
--
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR

Posted by kalidoss <ka...@sifycorp.com>.
Thank u all.

    I have increased the heap size memory from 1gb to 1.5gb. Now its
java -Xms512M -Xmx1536M -jar start.jar, My cpu load is normal and solr
is not restating frequently,

    My autocommit maxdoc increased to 200.

    For last 24 hours no issue on load/restarts.

Thanks Guys.
Kalidoss.m,

Re: Solr - Load Increasing.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Solr - Load Increasing.

Posted by kalidoss <ka...@sifycorp.com>.
There seems to be some improvement. The writes speeds are faster. Server
restarts are lower.

We changed the configuration to:
     <maxDocs>50</maxDocs>
     <maxTime>10000</maxTime>