Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by anonymitaet _ <an...@hotmail.com> on 2019/11/26 06:01:17 UTC

[Proposal] Develop document along with Pulsar release

Dear Pulsarer,

As we know, whether you are a Pulsar developer or user, it’s always important to have reliable documentation to guide our work.

Recently, we are happy to see the time-based release plan has been accepted in our community. It advocates that docs are treated as important as codes and docs should be published when the software is released.

I guess one of the best ways to try the time-based release plan is to apply it to Pulsar release. After major doc issues fixed, we can proceed to release, or else docs can be blockers for Pulsar release.

(I and Jennifer volunteer as language reviewers and can help review doc PRs from the perspective of technical writing. If anyone would like to provide technical inputs, that is highly appreciated.)

Thoughts?

Yu Liu (@Anonymitaet)

Re: [Proposal] Develop document along with Pulsar release

Posted by anonymitaet _ <an...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Yuva,

Thanks for your positive feedback.

Since Pulsar 2.5.0 is approaching (estimated release date is Dec 6) and several major features have not been documented yet (https://github.com/apache/pulsar/milestone/22). Core developers, Jennifer and I are trying to resolve these doc issues before the release day.

Hopefully 2.5.0 can be a pretty good start to publish docs with codes together for future releases.

Yu Liu (@Anonymitaet)

On 2019/11/26, 15:11, "Yuva raj" <uv...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi Yu Liu,
                 I am so happy to hear this.

    +1

    --
    Thanks

    Yuvaraj L

Re: [Proposal] Develop document along with Pulsar release

Posted by anonymitaet _ <an...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Yuva,

    --
    Thanks

    Yuvaraj L

Re: [Proposal] Develop document along with Pulsar release

Posted by Yuva raj <uv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yu Liu,

--
Thanks

Yuvaraj L

Re: [Proposal] Develop document along with Pulsar release

Posted by Yuva raj <uv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yu Liu,

--
Thanks