Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Patrick van Kann <pa...@fortune-cookie.com> on 2001/11/22 18:26:48 UTC

Slide and SlideMBean appear to be missing from binary distribution

I am trying to integrate Slide with JBoss JMX as I don't believe it is
possible to use Slide, Cataline and JBoss together (Jboss does not take
account of the server.xml in Catalina making the security stuff unworkable).

However, I cannot seem to locate the Slide class and SlideMBean
interface. These are reputedly in org.apache.slide.common (according to
the JavaDoc). I have un-tarred slide-kernel.jar which seems to contain
many of the org.apache.common classes but neither Slide nor SlideMBean.

In any case I have included all of the Slide jars and dependent jars in
my lib/ext in JBoss but the JBoss class loader says it ain't there.

Any clues where I might find the missing classes or do I have to build
from source?

Patrick

Re: Slide and SlideMBean appear to be missing from binary distribution

Posted by Patrick van Kann <pa...@fortune-cookie.com>.
Hello,

Sorry....I think I have answered my own question. I downloaded the
source and build.xml specifically excludes these 2 classes unless JMX is
present. I'll roll my own slide.

Does anyone on this list have any caveats/how-tos on using Slide with JMX?

Patrick