Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by iberck <ib...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/10 20:19:43 UTC

Tap 5.2.2 With JQuery Problems

Dear tapestry users:

I try to use http://github.com/andyhot/tapestry5-jquery/tree/tap-5.2 with
Tapestry 5.2 but I have some problems, when I open my application I watch
the exception:

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RenderQueueException: Render queue
error in SetupRender[core/ExceptionReport:exceptiondisplay]: Unable to
create a client URL for classpath resource org/got5/tapestry5/tapestry.js:
The resource path was not within an aliased path. [at
classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/pages/ExceptionReport.tml, line 11]

My pom.xml

<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
            <artifactId>tapestry-core</artifactId>
            <version>5.2.2</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
            <groupId>org.got5</groupId>
            <artifactId>tapestry5-jquery</artifactId>
            <version>1.1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

<repository>
            <id>devlab722-repo</id>

<url>http://nexus.devlab722.net/nexus/content/repositories/releases</url>
            <releases>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
            </releases>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>false</enabled>
            </snapshots>
        </repository>

        <repository>
            <id>devlab722-snapshot-repo</id>

<url>http://nexus.devlab722.net/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots</url>
            <releases>
                <enabled>false</enabled>
            </releases>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
            </snapshots>
        </repository>

Anyone may help me ?

Thanks in advance for your time

Re: Tap 5.2.2 With JQuery Problems

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
np - it should be interesting for you then to checkout the jquery
branch of tapestwitter
from https://github.com/andyhot/tapestwitter/
(assuming you've installed the libs i mentioned before)

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 21:55, iberck <ib...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your time and you effort, I will look with Tap 5.2.0
>
> Regards

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry PMC / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting

Re: Tap 5.2.2 With JQuery Problems

Posted by iberck <ib...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Things are more or less experimental in the 5.2 branch and
unfortunately it doesn't work with 5.2.1 or 5.2.2, see
https://github.com/got5/tapestry5-jquery/issues#issue/4
https://github.com/andyhot/tapestry5-jquery/issues#issue/1

If you still want to try it (with 5.2.0) you'd have to build and
maven install it yourself and you'd also need to do the same
for the tap-5.2 branch of https://github.com/andyhot/tapestry5-clientresources
because i'm pretty sure those dont exist in that devlab722 repo

Finally, to clarify on the versions, the 5.2 branches would now create
org.got5.tapestry5-clientresources:2.0.3-SNAPSHOT
org.got5.tapestry5-jquery:2.0.3-SNAPSHOT

Note: The errors you're getting are probably due to using wrong versions.
Once you'd get passed that, you should get the other errors that exist in
the github's tracker :P

Posted by françois facon <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chuck,

Tapestry5-jQuery Project Fully replace Prototype and Scriptaculous with
jQuery.
So Actually there is no Prototype at all for this project.

About http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries
for your information this project use jQuery plugin approach.

which allows you to use $ inside of a block of code without permanently
overwriting $:

   - (function($) { */* some code that uses $ */* })(jQuery)
   - *Note:* If you use this technique, you will not be able to use
   Prototype methods inside this capsuled function that expect $ to be
   Prototype's $, so you're making a choice to use only jQuery in that
   block.

François

Posted by Chuck Kring <cj...@pacbell.net>.