Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by OpenOffice Mailing <op...@yahoo.de> on 2015/09/22 11:43:56 UTC

OO 4.1.1 - Disable Sidebar for all new Users in Multiuser Enviroment

Hello,

we are using Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 integrated in SAP GUI.
The new sidebar feature is absolutly nice, but unpracticle in embedded OpenOffice Windows in SAP GUI Module.

I want to disable the sidebar for all users.
The only thing to change is the H in V to disable the sidebar.

But every new User gets the sidebar and we must change this value in the file or in the GUI for every user.

I can't find any documentation where to change the settings?
I'm searching for a posibility to change the base setting. I can't find any configuration in xcu files or othe files in the program directory in conjuction with the setting discribed above.
There are located some files whitch define some sidebar values, but these are not self-speaking or documented somewhere.In the main.xcd there are some sidebar wordings.
I tried to generate a xcd file in the registry folder to make the setting, but I can't find the right syntax. I don't have the xml tree/structure to set the right parameter. Every setting I tied to define, result in error Messages at the point of the first start wizzard of OpenOffice!

Have someone a solution, documentation or another idea to define a setting for the sidebar to be disabled by default!

THX
Ralf

Re: OO 4.1.1 - Disable Sidebar for all new Users in Multiuser Enviroment

Posted by OpenOffice Mailing <op...@yahoo.de>.
Hello together, hello oliver,
much thanks for this very good work.I testet the solution and it work without any changes!!
Great job, thanks to Oliver Brinzing!
byeRalf

     OpenOffice Mailing <op...@yahoo.de> schrieb am 22:09 Dienstag, 22.September 2015:

 Thanks Oliver,
I can try it on monday and give back the result !
byeRalf

    Oliver Brinzing <Ol...@gmx.de> schrieb am 18:57 Dienstag, 22.September 2015:

 Hi Ralf

 > Have someone a solution, documentation or another idea to define a setting for the sidebar to be
disabled by default!

i just found:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/11077/5/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Views.xcu

sidebar.xcu:

<oor:component-data xmlns:oor="http://openoffice.org/2001/registry"
                    xmlns:install="http://openoffice.org/2004/installation"
                    oor:name="Views" oor:package="org.openoffice.Office">
  <node oor:name="Windows">
    <node oor:name="10336" oor:op="replace">
      <prop oor:name="Visible" oor:type="xs:boolean">
        <value>false</value>
      </prop>
    </node>
  </node>
</oor:component-data>

it seems to work in aoo too.

to deploy you can create a shared extension with a "manifest.xml" like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE manifest:manifest PUBLIC "-//OpenOffice.org//DTD Manifest 1.0//EN" "Manifest.dtd">
<manifest:manifest xmlns:manifest="http://openoffice.org/2001/manifest">
    <manifest:file-entry manifest:full-path="sidebar.xcu"
manifest:media-type="application/vnd.sun.star.configuration-data" />
</manifest:manifest>

Regards
Oliver

Re: OO 4.1.1 - Disable Sidebar for all new Users in Multiuser Enviroment

Posted by OpenOffice Mailing <op...@yahoo.de>.
Thanks Oliver,

Posted by Oliver Brinzing <Ol...@gmx.de>.
Hi Ralf