Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <nb...@apache.org> on 2003/11/20 19:05:12 UTC

[ANN] VelocityTools 1.1 beta released

We are happy to announce the release of VelocityTools 1.1 beta.

New in VelocityTools 1.1 is full support for working with Struts 1.1
(including Tiles, Validator, and more), an improved DateTool, five new tools,
and numerous improvements to existing tools and support.

The codebase in this release is stable and feature complete.  There should be
no significant changes to it before a final 1.1 release.  However, we need to
make major changes to the included examples before we can release 1.1 final,
as the current examples do not adequately demonstrate the state of the
project.  If anyone is interested in helping us do this, let us know on the
velocity-dev list. :)

For more information on VelocityTools, see:
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/

For a more complete listing of changes and additions, see:
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/changes.html

Downloads:
Binaries: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi
Source Code: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.cgi

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com

Re: [ANN] VelocityTools 1.1 beta released

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
congrats all!

I saw it go out, but was so bogged down with Geronimo and TCK license
issues, I've had to be away for a bit...

geir

geir@4quarters.com

Re: [ANN] VelocityTools 1.1 beta released

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
congrats all!

geir@4quarters.com

RE: [ANN] VelocityTools 1.1 beta released

Posted by "Marinó A. Jónsson" <ma...@centrum.is>.
whoohooo :D

I'm starting a new job about a week from now so I'll try and put in some
work on the examples next week :)

cheers,
Marinó