Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by hui <hu...@triplehop.com> on 2004/05/13 05:17:53 UTC

index on SAN (storage area network)

Hi,
I am getting "not a directory" error when doing search after I moved the
index from local to a SAN box. FSDirectory does not recognize the index
directory as a directory. Any idea? I use JDK142 and Lucene 1.3 final.

Creating the index works fine.

Regards,
hui

RE: index on SAN (storage area network)

Posted by hui <hu...@triplehop.com>.
Thank you very much for the suggestion, Otis.
I did write a test program to check whether the directory is a directory.
But I did not test it within the web application. It is related with tomcat
security or the SAN setup. I need to figure out.

Regards,
Hui

My guess would be that you just have a wrong path to the index
directory somewhere.  You can add your own checks to your own code,
before you create IndexSearcher/Reader.

Something like:
if (new File(/path/to/your/index/dir).isDirectory()) - ok, else not ok
;)

Otis

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.