Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by René Scholz <re...@abakus-edv-systems.de> on 2019/04/18 06:01:07 UTC

Lets encrypt

Hello,

it's possible that everybody knows how to do: Is everywhere a manual how
I can implement a letsencrypt-certificate in OM5?

Best regards,

René

Re: Lets encrypt

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
OM5 is based on Tomcat9 without any major customizations (only port is
customized)
So your question is "How to configure Tomcat with Letsencrypt" :)

Here is the first link from google:
https://medium.com/@raupach/how-to-install-lets-encrypt-with-tomcat-3db8a469e3d2

there are lots of unnecessary steps in this guide but it can help :)

I would say you need to
1) set up certbot to get and renew your cert
2) set up this certificate in Tomcat:

<Connector port="5443" ............................... SSLEnabled="true">
  <SSLHostConfig>
    <Certificate certificateFile="conf/cert.pem"
                 certificateKeyFile="conf/privkey.pem"
                 certificateChainFile="conf/chain.pem" />
  </SSLHostConfig>
</Connector>

As an alternative you can set Apache/Nginx as front end proxy to do SSL :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax