Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by James Davidson <du...@x180.com> on 1999/07/19 19:42:33 UTC

ADMIN: Message Topics

First off:

Thanks everyone for kicking in early and often on the lists... :)

Now, a request:

Please, help out a bit and let's start using the other lists so that the
right discussions are in the right place.

For example, the ongoing configuration discussion probably belongs in
tomcat-dev. The general jakarta documentation discussion probably
belongs here as there is not a more specific place for it. When we have
code and good sub project discussion lists, I'd expect the docs folks to
carry on discussions where appropriate for the subject.

To help push the config discussion to tomcat-dev, make liberal use of
the reply-to header..

Thanks,

.duncan

--
James Davidson
duncan@eng.sun.com                http://java.sun.com/products/servlet

Re: ADMIN: Message Topics

Posted by James Davidson <du...@x180.com>.
> I do wish you would qualify that by saying "There's no more specific place
> for it created by Sun or Apache".

Sorry. No offense meant. See next (or maybe next after) message.

.duncan
--

Posted by ch...@hamptons.com.
> The general jakarta documentation discussion probably belongs here as
there is not a more specific place for it.

I do wish you would qualify that by saying "There's no more specific place
for it created by Sun or Apache". You may not approve of lists created
outside your auspicies, but you could at least honor the effort that has
gone into such lists by acknowledging their existence. The Jakarta For All
list is only there because people seem to want a seperate list but for some
reason an 'official' list doesn't exist. So why wait?

 - Chris