Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io> on 2018/04/05 01:27:41 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-211: Revise Expiration Semantics of Consumer Group Offsets

I was just reading the whole KIP for the first time. Nice work!

One minor comment. In the table of the standalone consumer, the first
line, first column says:

> = Empty
> (protocolType = Some("consumer"))

I think this should be

> = Empty
> (protocolType != None)
Note, that for example KafkaStreams uses a different protocol type
(namely "stream"). Also, other consumer must implement their own
partition assignors, too, with other names.

-Matthias

Posted by Vahid S Hashemian <va...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Matthias,

Thanks a lot for reviewing the KIP and the clarification on streams
protocol type for consumer groups.
I have updated the KIP with your suggestion.
I'm assuming the cast vote so far will remain valid since this is a minor
change.

Cheers,
--Vahid

From:   "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>
To:     dev@kafka.apache.org
Date:   04/04/2018 06:28 PM
Subject:        Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-211: Revise Expiration Semantics of
Consumer Group Offsets

I was just reading the whole KIP for the first time. Nice work!

One minor comment. In the table of the standalone consumer, the first
line, first column says:

> = Empty
> (protocolType = Some("consumer"))

I think this should be

> = Empty
> (protocolType != None)
Note, that for example KafkaStreams uses a different protocol type
(namely "stream"). Also, other consumer must implement their own
partition assignors, too, with other names.

-Matthias

On 3/26/18 1:44 PM, Vahid S Hashemian wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for the feedback on this KIP so far.
>
> If there is no additional feedback, I'll start a vote on Wed.
>
> Thanks.
> --Vahid

[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Vahid S Hashemian/Silicon
Valley/IBM]