Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Sonny Heer <so...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/08 21:43:36 UTC

Different backend storage (columnar)

We are using Kylin 1.6 for a while now.  One the problems we continue to
run into is having to maintain HBase backend.  Typically regionservers go
down for different reasons.

We prefer to move to a columnar storage backend.  I heard there was a
version of kylin that replaced HBase?  Any updates on this and where we can
get a hold of this?

Thanks

Re: Different backend storage (columnar)

Posted by prasanna lakshmi <pr...@gmail.com>.
Please make it available different back end database.I am also facing the
same issue in cluster. In my clusters physical servers are getting down
because of kylin. Please make kylin as light weight tool. It's performance
is too good but it needs so many other resources too.My critical situation
is all my kylin servers are getting down frequently,so it's affecting other
applications also running in the same servers. Can you please tell me in
what conditions kylin make servers to down physically.

Posted by Sonny Heer <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the info Billy!

I figured I'd ask here if there was an option to replace HBase with one of
the popular columnar storages (parquet, arrow, etc.).  Sounds like there
KyStorage is something similar.  I will dig into this more.  HBase is just
overkill for what we want to do here...

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.
Hello Sonny,