Posted to user@hive.apache.org by sonia gehlot <so...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/27 19:29:12 UTC

Permission denied error while creating a table in Hive

Hi All,

I have installed Hive 0.7 and its up and running. But I am getting
permission denied error while creating a table.

But I have rwxrwxr-x to warehouse directory.

My HADOOP_HOME is setup to cluster and on hive-site.xml I have these setting

<property>
  <name>hive.metastore.local</name>
  <value>true</value>
  <description>controls whether to connect to remove metastore server or
open a new metastore server in Hive Client JVM</description>
</property>

Error Message:

FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:Gotexception:
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException
org.apache.hadoop.securityAccessControlException:
Permission denied: user=sgehlot, access=WRITE,
inode="warehouse":hdfs2:user:rwxrwxr-x)
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

Can anyone please tell me what is possible reason of this error.

Thanks,
Sonia

Re: Permission denied error while creating a table in Hive

Posted by YUYANG LAN <as...@gmail.com>.
seems the user you used to run hive (sgehlot) has no write permission
for that hdfs directory

check your hadoop acl settings

regards

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 2:29 AM, sonia gehlot <so...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have installed Hive 0.7 and its up and running. But I am getting
> permission denied error while creating a table.
> But I have rwxrwxr-x to warehouse directory.
> My HADOOP_HOME is setup to cluster and on hive-site.xml I have these setting
> <property>
>   <name>hive.metastore.local</name>
>   <value>true</value>
>   <description>controls whether to connect to remove metastore server or
> open a new metastore server in Hive Client JVM</description>
> </property>
> Error Message:
> FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:Gotexception:
> org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException org.apache.hadoop.securityAccessControlException:
> Permission denied: user=sgehlot, access=WRITE,
> inode="warehouse":hdfs2:user:rwxrwxr-x)
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
> Can anyone please tell me what is possible reason of this error.
> Thanks,
> Sonia

DAVID RAN UYOU //