Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/15 19:19:15 UTC

Access my OM with a public domain name ?

Hi everybody !

Can someone guide me how to make OM accessible over Internet with a free
domain name ?
I need the main steps to follow.
I tried to make a free domain here http://my.dot.tk but I failed.

I don't know what I need exactly to make it work. Is there a special DNS
configuration to make ? A guide to follow ?

I don't understand what I have to write as IP address here :
\WebContent\openmeetings\config.XML"
<rtmphostlocal>?</rtmphostlocal>

I tried my public IP address but I always failed to connect on it.

Re: Access my OM with a public domain name ?

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
You need a name server at least. We use a free dns service in Russia
from Yandex, it contains instructions in Russian
https://pdd.yandex.ru/domain_ns/dataved.ru/

Or you can buy it from your domain name registrar.

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095