Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Tejashwa Kumar Verma <te...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/28 09:12:24 UTC

Re: Afinity Key

Hi,

I have doubt regarding affinity key.
I have 2 cache :

Cache 1 and 2 both should be related with "equipmentID". Hence
"equipmentID" should be affinity key for cache2.

Hence in Cache2 creating affinity key like --new AffinityKey<>(pk, eqID);

now the question is how to relate  this with cache1??

Thanks & Regards
Tejas

Re: Afinity Key

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
This discussion seems to be a complete duplicate of this one:
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Affinity-td9744.html. Let's
continue there.

-Val

Re: Afinity Key

Posted by Tejashwa Kumar Verma <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Scenario is :
Person cache -> AffinityKey(personId, equivalentid)
PersonDetail cache -> AffinityKey(detailId, equivalentid)

both caches joined on equivalentId and collated is set to true in jdbc url.
Did I miss anything ??

Query will be:

SELECT p.*, m.* from person p  join PERSONDETAILS_CACHE.PersonDetail m on p.
equivalentId = m.equivalentId;

Regards
Tejas

Re: Afinity Key

Posted by dkarachentsev <dk...@gridgain.com>.
Could you give example of your query? I will try to reproduce.

Re: Afinity Key

Posted by Tejashwa Kumar Verma <te...@gmail.com>.
Yes sure ,

I have one cache1 with some records and Cache2 with some more records

both cache are related to each other through eqID. I am trying to collocate
both cache by using below code snippet.

cache1.put(new AffinityKey<>(*pk0*, eqID),value1);
cache2.put(new AffinityKey<>(*pk1*, eqID), value2);

After loading both cache . I am executing ignite query and i am not getting
proper data. Some data is missing out in join query.

Thanks & Regards
Tejas

Re: Afinity Key

Posted by dkarachentsev <dk...@gridgain.com>.
Yes, that's right.

Could you, please, describe more detailed what exact problem you faced with?

Re: Afinity Key

Posted by Tejashwa Kumar Verma <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

cache1.put(new AffinityKey<>(*pk0*, eqID),
value2);
cache2.put(new AffinityKey<>(*pk1*, eqID), value2);

If we are using 2 different primary key for eqId then data of cache1 and
cache2 will collocated on the basis of *eqID*

Thanks & regards
Tejas

Re: Afinity Key

Posted by Tejashwa Kumar Verma <te...@gmail.com>.