Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by John Menke <jo...@eagleinfosystems.com> on 2001/04/02 23:22:58 UTC

Newbie Install Problems

When I try to run the newapp.bat file on my Windows 98 machine I get errors
referring to this class not being found several times.

Class javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionBindingListener not found

The compile fails with the message:

Compile failed, messages should have been provided.

I have Tomcat 3.2 installed on another drive and I have TOMCAT_HOME set to
this directory.  Could this have something to do with it?

RE: Newbie Install Problems

Posted by John Menke <jo...@eagleinfosystems.com>.

>What does your newapp.props look like? There is nothing to compile
>when you run newapp.bat|.sh ... Ah, do you still have app.type=simple?
>I removed the option in the new newapp.props but maybe you are using
>a new newapp.props :-)

Yes, I have that line in the newapp.props file.

Re: Newbie Install Problems

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
John Menke wrote:

> >What does your newapp.props look like?
>
> This is what my newapp.props  (without comments) looks like.
>
> turbine.app.name=newapp
> turbine.app.view=velocity
> turbine.app.type=simple
>
> target.package=org.mycompany.newapp
> target.directory=org/mycompany/newapp

Right. That's not the newapp.props from the 1.1a13. There is
only the peer example now. There is no simple option, and I will
remove that from the tree so if people try to generate the simple
app they will be stopped before any problems occur.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: Newbie Install Problems

Posted by John Menke <jo...@eagleinfosystems.com>.

Re: Newbie Install Problems

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.

RE: Newbie Install Problems

Posted by John Menke <jo...@eagleinfosystems.com>.

Re: Newbie Install Problems

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.

Re: Newbie Install Problems

Posted by William Lee <wl...@sendmail.com>.

RE: Newbie Install Problems

Posted by John Menke <jo...@eagleinfosystems.com>.
Yes, I had to adjust the classpath to point to servlet.jar in the tdk/bin
directory.  After that, everything installed correctly.  Thank you.

> When I try to run the newapp.bat file on my Windows 98 machine I get
errors
> referring to this class not being found several times.
>
> Class javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionBindingListener not found

Which TDK are you using. In the 1.1a13 release you don't need
the servlet jar in the classpath. There was a problem with the
1.1a12 so I quickly built another one.

Re: Newbie Install Problems

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.

Re: Newbie Install Problems

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 4/2/01 2:22 PM, "John Menke" <jo...@eagleinfosystems.com> wrote:

> I have Tomcat 3.2 installed on another drive and I have TOMCAT_HOME set to
> this directory.  Could this have something to do with it?

Yes. It sounds like for some reason, the newapp.bat file isn't finding the
appropriate servlet.jar file in your classpath. You may need to adjust the
classpath that the newapp.xml builds up accordingly.

thanks,

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous