Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Gerry Doris <gd...@rogers.com> on 2004/07/23 15:26:33 UTC

Problems with surbl config

I am running sa 2.63 and decided to try out SURBL.  I used CPAN to
install the URI and SpamCopURI modules.  They installed without
problems.

However, when I run the spamassassin --lint command I get the following
errors...

Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   snurl.com              *.snurl.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   snipurl.com            *.snipurl.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   tinyclick.com          *.tinyclick.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   babyurl.com            *.babyurl.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   lin.kz                 *.lin.kz
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   *.v3.net
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   shorl.com              *.shorl.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   tinyurl.com            *.tinyurl.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   xurl.us

and...

debug: running uri tests; score so far=2.077
debug: uri tests: Done uriRE
Failed to compile URI SpamAssassin tests, skipping:
        (syntax error at /etc/mail/spamassassin/surbl_uri.cf, rule
SPAMCOP_URI_RBL, line 1, near "eval:"
syntax error at /etc/mail/spamassassin/surbl_uri.cf, rule OB_URI_RBL,
line 1, near "eval:"
syntax error at /etc/mail/spamassassin/surbl_uri.cf, rule OB_URI_RBL,
line 9, near "}
    }"
)

The rest of the --lint output is correct.  Removing the surbl.cf file
and rerunning --lint is error free.

I'm using the following surbl.cf file...the eval lines have likely
wrapped.

# please see www.surbl.org for more information

######### ab.surbl.org #########

uri       AB_URI_RBL
eval:check_spamcop_uri_rbl('ab.surbl.org','127.0.0.2')
describe  AB_URI_RBL  URI's domain appears in ab.surbl.org
tflags    AB_URI_RBL  net

score     AB_URI_RBL  5.0

######### sc.surbl.org #########

uri SPAMCOP_URI_RBL
eval:check_spamcop_uri_rbl('sc.surbl.org','127.0.0.2')
describe SPAMCOP_URI_RBL      URI's domain appears in spamcop database
at sc.surbl.org
tflags SPAMCOP_URI_RBL  net

score SPAMCOP_URI_RBL  3.0

# open redirect resolution off by default
# spamcop_uri_resolve_open_redirects 1

open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   snurl.com              *.snurl.com
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   snipurl.com            *.snipurl.com
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   tinyclick.com          *.tinyclick.com
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   babyurl.com            *.babyurl.com
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   lin.kz                 *.lin.kz
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   *.v3.net
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   shorl.com              *.shorl.com
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   tinyurl.com            *.tinyurl.com
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   xurl.us

# whitelist_spamcop_uri   *.yahoo.com
# blacklist_spamcop_uri   *medz4cheap.com

######### ob.surbl.org #########

uri       OB_URI_RBL
eval:check_spamcop_uri_rbl('ob.surbl.org','127.0.0.2')
describe  OB_URI_RBL  URI's domain appears in ob.surbl.org
tflags    OB_URI_RBL  net

score     OB_URI_RBL  4.0

######### ws.surbl.org  #########

uri       WS_URI_RBL
eval:check_spamcop_uri_rbl('ws.surbl.org','127.0.0.2')
describe  WS_URI_RBL  URI's domain appears in sa-blacklist
tflags    WS_URI_RBL  net

score     WS_URI_RBL  3.0

--
Gerry Doris <gd...@rogers.com>

Re: Problems with surbl config

Posted by Gerry Doris <gd...@rogers.com>.
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Jeff Chan wrote:

> On Friday, July 23, 2004, 2:50:47 PM, Bill Landry wrote:
> > From: "Gerry Doris" <gd...@rogers.com>
>
> >> Actually, I meant that the lines had likely wrapped in my email but they
> >> were correct in the cf file.
> >>
> >> However, I did get everything working by removing "eval:" in each of the
> >> rules.  My system for some reason doesn't like eval:
>
> > Hmmm, you must be running a pre 3.0 version of SA then, because 2.61 with
> > the SpamCopURI plug-in needs the eval entry, however 3.0 does not because it
> > uses a different architecture: URIDNSBL.  If you are running a 3.0 version,
> > then you are probably running your tests twice, since 3.0 already includes
> > the URIDNSBL tests.  Also, you do not need to install the SpamCopURI plug-in
> > with 3.0 versions of SA.
>
> Gerry, can you confirm which version of SA you are running?
>
> Jeff C.

I was/am running SA 2.63 on a Fedora 1 system.  I started to notice some
other strange things happening after I did the URI and SpamCopURI upgrade
in addition to the "eval:" problem I was having.

I decided to go back and completely reinstall SA 2.63 and the two URI
modules.  Now the "eval:" line is working properly and the other weird
stuff has stopped.

Sorry, but it looks like I had a hiccup during the install.  All is
working now.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer

Re: Problems with surbl config

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.

mailto:jeffc@surbl.org
http://www.surbl.org/

Re: Problems with surbl config

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@pointshare.com>.
> Actually, I meant that the lines had likely wrapped in my email but they
> were correct in the cf file.
>
> However, I did get everything working by removing "eval:" in each of the
> rules.  My system for some reason doesn't like eval:

Hmmm, you must be running a pre 3.0 version of SA then, because 2.61 with
the SpamCopURI plug-in needs the eval entry, however 3.0 does not because it
uses a different architecture: URIDNSBL.  If you are running a 3.0 version,
then you are probably running your tests twice, since 3.0 already includes
the URIDNSBL tests.  Also, you do not need to install the SpamCopURI plug-in
with 3.0 versions of SA.

Bill

Re: Problems with surbl config

Posted by Gerry Doris <gd...@rogers.com>.
snip...

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Friday, July 23, 2004, 6:26:33 AM, Gerry Doris wrote:
> I am running sa 2.63 and decided to try out SURBL.  I used CPAN to
> install the URI and SpamCopURI modules.  They installed without
> problems.

> However, when I run the spamassassin --lint command I get the following
> errors...

> Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   snurl.com              *.snurl.com
> Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   snipurl.com            *.snipurl.com
> Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   tinyclick.com          *.tinyclick.com
> Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   babyurl.com            *.babyurl.com
> Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   lin.kz                 *.lin.kz
> Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   *.v3.net
> Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   shorl.com              *.shorl.com
> Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   tinyurl.com            *.tinyurl.com
> Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   xurl.us

You can ignore those.  They are simply the redirection site
resolver being disabled by default.

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org

Re: Problems with surbl config

Posted by Alex S Moore <as...@edge.net>.
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:26:33 -0400
Gerry Doris <gd...@rogers.com> wrote:

> I am running sa 2.63 and decided to try out SURBL.  I used CPAN to
> install the URI and SpamCopURI modules.  They installed without
> problems.
>
> However, when I run the spamassassin --lint command I get the
> following errors...
>
> Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
> open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   snurl.com              *.snurl.com

For SA 2.63, you have to use the two SA modules that are included in
SpamCopURI.  They replace the existing modules that were installed with
SA 2.63.  I got them with the SpamCopURI module from a CPAN download.
This is noted in a README or INSTALL file.

Alex