Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Jorge Luis Betancourt Gonzalez <jl...@uci.cu> on 2013/01/28 16:53:04 UTC

Solr dinamic fields

Hi:

I'm currently working on a plattform for crawl a large amount of PDFs files. Using nutch (and tika) I'm able of extract and store the textual content of the files in solr, but right now we want to be able to extract the content of the PDFs by page, this means that, we want to store several solr fields (one per each page in the document). Is there any recommended way of accomplish this in nutch/solr?. With a parse plugin I could store the text from each page to the metadata's document, anything else would be needed?

slds
--
"It is only in the mysterious equation of love that any
logical reasons can be found."

RE: Solr dinamic fields

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Hi

> I'm currently working on a plattform for crawl a large amount of PDFs files. Using nutch (and tika) I'm able of extract and store the textual content of the files in solr, but right now we want to be able to extract the content of the PDFs by page, this means that, we want to store several solr fields (one per each page in the document). Is there any recommended way of accomplish this in nutch/solr?. With a parse plugin I could store the text from each page to the metadata's document, anything else would be needed?

Yes, make a custom indexing filter that reads your parsed metadata and adds page specific fields to NutchDocument. That should work fine.

Re: Solr dinamic fields