Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by hsp <pi...@ibest.com.br> on 2006/04/04 00:36:45 UTC

Multiple workspaces

I want to know if is there possible that , in model 3 of deployment, I can have only one repository that has one workspace per each webapp that is in another web container.
Another doubt is if it is possible to make a search that searches in all workspaces the repository has.
Many Tks.
Helio

Re: Multiple workspaces

Posted by Gonzalo Ruiz <gr...@germinus.com>.
Hello everybody.

Sorry for last duplicate messagge, It was an error in our SMTP server,
and I sent the mail more than once.

Regards

Re: Multiple workspaces

Posted by gruiz <gr...@germinus.com>.
Hi hsp!

>I want to know if is there possible that , in model 3 of deployment, I can have only one repository that has one workspace per each webapp that is in another web container.

I can't understand very well your first question. You can have a
repository which several workspaces, each one in a different machine. It
depends of the persister you use. For instance you can have a repository
with 2 workspaces. You can use a "SimpleDBPersister" in a remote
database server for a workspace, and a "fileSistemPersister" in your
machine for another workspace.

>Another doubt is if it is possible to make a search that searches in all workspaces the repository has.
>Many Tks.
>Helio

When you search nodes and properties in a repository, first, you have to
connect to this. To connect is necesary to call Repository.login, and
then you get the session object.

The session object is tied to a workspace in the repository. Then you
only can search nodes in a workspace per session.

Regards