Posted to users@camel.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/04 20:34:28 UTC

load & soak testing of endpoints

Being able to load test or soak test distributed systems is a common
requirement. Since Camel can easily test distributed systems via Mocks
and has tons of components, transports & protocols it can talk to
together with all the EIPs and smart routing & transformation - I
figured it was time to try use Camel for this.

I've taken a first stab at it - its documented here
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/dataset.html

Have a read and see what you think; there's an example of load testing
ActiveMQ on that page, but we can use the same thing to test other
kinds of things; whether its ServiceMix or CXF or custom beans or
components etc.

Its just a first step - am sure there's a ton of stuff we can do to
improve this. Thoughts greatly appreciated.
--
James
-------

Open Source Integration