Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> on 2016/02/28 19:33:39 UTC

editing committer fields using the roster tool

I've updated the roster tool based on the discussion and resolution of
the following issue:

---

Usage:

First find and navigate to your committer page:

  https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committer/

Scroll down to the Spam Assassin Score line and double click on it and
you will see a form.  Change the value and click submit.

---

This field is probably not the one of highest value.  The flow for
editing other fields.  First the field needs to be extracted on the
server:

https://github.com/apache/whimsy/blob/master/www/roster/models/committer.rb

Next, the field must be displayed with provisions for both a simple
display and a form:

https://github.com/apache/whimsy/blob/master/www/roster/views/committer.js.rb

Finally, the updates need to be applied when the form is submitted:

https://github.com/apache/whimsy/blob/master/www/roster/views/actions/committer.json.rb

---

For more information on running scripts and applications on your machine, see:

https://github.com/apache/whimsy/blob/master/DEVELOPMENT.md#running-scriptsapplications

Re: editing committer fields using the roster tool

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 1:55 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That looks nice.
>
> However it takes too long for changes to propagate.
> I changed my score in id.a.o and it still has not been updated in
> Whimsy several minutes later.
> I tried restarting the browser and using a different browser.
> Whereas I can see the new score using ldapsearch immediately.

I've commited a change that should address this.

> Also there are now two places where changes can be made; Whimsy and id.a.o.
> This ought to be resolved so people can be given one place to go.

My impression is that the infrastructure team are actively looking for
a replacement for id.a.o; and are looking to either Syncope or Whimsy
as being that replacement.  The resolution to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9250 is consistent with
that impression.

As always, replacing a tool that is maintained only when absolutely
necessary with one that is maintained by a single individual is not
necessarily an improvement.  Please do consider contributing to one or
more of the three (id, syncope, whimsy) efforts.

- Sam Ruby

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
That looks nice.