Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tracey Zellmann <tr...@comcast.net> on 2006/03/21 01:52:51 UTC

controlling space before a table row

I have a table in my document, and I would like to make extra space appear
between certain rows. Not sure how to accomplish that. I have tried
<fo:table-row padding-top=".2in">
and
<fo:table border-top-width=".2in">
but neither have had any affect.

I am trying to achieve something like <fo:block margin-before=".2in">

I am not sure this is the right approach.

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: controlling space before a table row

Posted by Tracey Zellmann <tr...@comcast.net>.
Thanks, Jeremias.

Two straightforward solutions.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
padding-top does not apply to table-row. So, you can't use that. Your
second attempt with the border on the table will only place a border on
the table and only if you also specify border-top-style, but it won't
help you either. The easiest thing IMO is to use an empty table-row with
a specified height, i.e.:

<fo:table-row height=".2in">
  <fo:table-cell><fo:block/></fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>

Of course, you can also use margin-before on every first block in every
table-cell.

On 21.03.2006 01:52:51 Tracey Zellmann wrote:
> I have a table in my document, and I would like to make extra space appear
> between certain rows. Not sure how to accomplish that. I have tried
> <fo:table-row padding-top=".2in">
> and
> <fo:table border-top-width=".2in">
> but neither have had any affect.
>
> I am trying to achieve something like <fo:block margin-before=".2in">
>
> I am not sure this is the right approach.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

Jeremias Maerki