Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mike Castle <da...@ix.netcom.com> on 2003/05/14 03:33:53 UTC

Looping over lines in a file

I have an input file I need to process with an ant task.

line1
line2
line3

I need to process each line individually.  That is, massage the line, do
some other internal processing on it, and start a java process with that as
an option.

What is the ant way of doing this?

I've started out with <loadfile/> and <foreach/>, but can't figure out how
to either easily turn EOL into a `,' (portably I might add) or tell foreach
that a newline character is the delimiter.

And apparently I haven't found the good search terms to find anything in
the archives.

Suggestions appreciated,
mrc
--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/

Re: Looping over lines in a file

Posted by Mike Castle <da...@ix.netcom.com>.
In article <20...@web20422.mail.yahoo.com>,
Matt Benson  <us...@ant.apache.org> wrote:
>Also, foreach has a "delimiter" attribute.  Don't know
>whether this would have worked, but I can't see why it
>shouldn't.

Wasn't sure how to get the delimite to be EOL character, until I did more
playing around.  Found ${line.separator}, which does appear to work as the
delmiter.

Thanks for kick in the right direction.

mrc

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Also, foreach has a "delimiter" attribute.  Don't know
whether this would have worked, but I can't see why it
shouldn't.

-Matt

http://search.yahoo.com

Re: Looping over lines in a file