Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Ranga <ra...@capdigisoft.com> on 2010/03/01 15:07:43 UTC

Finding minimum and maximum value in a field

Hi All,

I want to find out the minimum and maximum value in a field. How to achieve
is Lucene.Net. Currently I am using Lucene.Net version 2.4.0 can anyone help
me.

Thanks in advance

-Ranga

RE: Finding minimum and maximum value in a field

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
I would store the min & max in a location other than lucene index(file,db etc.) and update them while indexing.

DIGY

Posted by Michael Garski <mg...@myspace-inc.com>.
Ranga,

In order to find the minimum and maximum values in a field you will need to use a TermEnum and walk over all of the values in a field.  There are no direct calls to determine the minimum and maximum.

Michael

Posted by Jean-François Beaulac <jb...@versacom.ca>.
Hi,

Depending on you definition of what is maximum and minimum you could probably simply perform 2 sorted search, one ascendant and the other one in descendant order. Then you just take the top result for each search

Jf