Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2016/05/17 20:03:21 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache JMeter 3.0 released

Hello,

The Apache JMeter team is pleased to announce the availability of Apache
JMeter 3.0 (r1743807).

This release brings a lot of new features (over 100) and fixes a lot of
bugs (over 60).
We also re-lift the style of JMeter's website and we changed the
JMeter's logo.

You can read the New and Noteworthy section with some screenshots to
illustrate improvements and full list of changes at:
http://jmeter.apache.org/changes.html

JMeter 3.0 requires Java 7 or later to run.

== All users are highly recommended to upgrade  ==

The Apache JMeter application is a 100% pure Java application designed
to test server applications.
It can be used to:
    * generate test loads
    * measure performance.
    * test functional behavior
It includes support for protocols such as HTTP(S), JDBC, JMS, FTP, LDAP,
TCP, native calls and others.
It can also be easily extended with user-written code.

See http://jmeter.apache.org/

Users are highly encouraged to read the JMeter Best Practices section:
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html

The release can be downloaded from:
http://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi

When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file:
https://www.apache.org/dist/jmeter/KEYS

Only the binary archive is needed to run JMeter - there is no need to
download the source archive.

However there are some optional libraries which are not included.
See the "Getting Started" page for details:
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html

JMeter artifacts can be downloaded on Maven Central :
       <groupId>org.apache.jmeter</groupId>
       <artifactId>ApacheJMeter</artifactId>
       <version>3.0</version>

Enjoy!
The JMeter team

---
https://twitter.com/ApacheJMeter

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache JMeter 3.0 released

Posted by Mark Wilkinson <in...@gmail.com>.
I'll upgrade our Jmeter standard build tomorrow. Outstanding job guys.
Congratulations!!

--
Mark Wilkinson
inyabass@gmail.com 07968 398828

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache JMeter 3.0 released

Posted by Shay Ginsbourg <sg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to jmeter team for your ultimate support.

Pravesh prajapati.
Mob:-9702600170

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache JMeter 3.0 released

Posted by Pravesh Shrivastava <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shay Ginsbourg <sg...@gmail.com>.

Re: Download mirrors [was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache JMeter 3.0 released]

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17 May 2016 at 22:00, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Ok, If I change my IP address from a Moroccan IP to a French IP, I can see
> some mirrors... and yes the mirrors arent up to date... badly.
>
> Probably some IP geolocation on the ASF download script...

Yes, that does do geolocation.
It ought to do something better if there is no exact match for the country-code.
I'll raise a bug on it.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.