Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com> on 2006/08/12 22:58:15 UTC

[classlib] IBM VM discrepancy

While doing some work on the ThreadTest I found a discrepancy with the IBM
VM's Thread.destroy() implementation compared to Sun's RI and DRLVM.
According to the spec [1], the destroy method is supposed to always throw
NoSuchMethodError. The IBM VM doesn't seem to.

Anyway to get this changed (assuming the behavior is agreed upon and it's
repeatable)? I'd like to add a test case for it.

Thanks.

-Nathan

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/Thread.html#destroy()

Re: [classlib] IBM VM discrepancy

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Nathan Beyer wrote:
> While doing some work on the ThreadTest I found a discrepancy with the IBM
> VM's Thread.destroy() implementation compared to Sun's RI and DRLVM.
> According to the spec [1], the destroy method is supposed to always throw
> NoSuchMethodError. The IBM VM doesn't seem to.

It should, thanks -- right now it does nothing.  I'll get a fix in place
for the next VME refresh.

Regards,
Tim

--