Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2003/11/03 08:26:03 UTC

Ibiblio Refresh

I just added some bootstrap functionality to the repository spi and impl
packages and the util packages.  Unfortunately without access to ibiblio I
cannot prevent maven from having a sissy fit.  Can someone perform an update
and jar regeneration for the repository and util artifacts and update
ibiblio?

The projects specifically in question are:

avalon/merlin/util/env

avalon/merlin/util/defaults

avalon/merlin/repository/spi

avalon/merlin/repository/impl

Thanks,

Alex

Re: Ibiblio Refresh

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> I just added some bootstrap functionality to the repository spi and impl
> packages and the util packages.  Unfortunately without access to ibiblio I
> cannot prevent maven from having a sissy fit.

oh, I forgot to say...if you make the dependency a SNAPSHOT dependency
and you run `maven jar:install-snapshot` on the dependency, the dependee
(is that a word?) can then find the package just fine.

See the maven manual for more info :D

- LSD

Re: Ibiblio Refresh

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> I just added some bootstrap functionality to the repository spi and impl
> packages and the util packages.  Unfortunately without access to ibiblio I
> cannot prevent maven from having a sissy fit.  Can someone perform an update
> and jar regeneration for the repository and util artifacts and update
> ibiblio?

Take a look at

http://avalon.apache.org/download.cgi#Maven%20Repository

...you can add snapshot jars to the appropriate subdirectory of

minotaur.apache.org:/www/www.apache.org/dist/avalon/

...yourself. Ideally, all avalon packages on ibiblio are just copied
over from the avalon distribution directory. I've been trying to get
Steve (the only avaloner with Ibiblio access) to follow that practice
for ages now :P

- LSD