Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Gordon Ross <G....@ccw.gov.uk> on 2006/07/11 14:45:35 UTC

spamd running as wrong user ?

Setup:

SA 3.1.3 on OpenBSD 3.7, with Exim 4.52

Spamd started as:

# /usr/bin/spamd -d -m 15 -u spamass -r /var/tmp/spamd.pid

Exim runs as the user "exim" with the group "exim"

Problem:

Since upgrading from SA3.0 to SA 3.1, I get messages on my system
console saying:

spamd[xx]: mkdir /nonexistant: Permission denied....

/nonexistant is the home directory of the "nobody" user, and does not
exist.

My question is: Why is spamd trying to access the home directory of
"nobody" How can I stop it trying to use "nobody"'s home directory ?

Thanks,

GTG