Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Sankaran, Nambi" <ns...@ebay.com> on 2013/03/19 21:38:15 UTC

how to include 'src/main/webapp' in a jar file?

Hi All

I have a maven web project that has packaging as "war". the package generates war file that confirms to war format. But, i like to package the project as a "jar" as well along with the default "war" format. So, I am trying to use "maven jar" plugin to achieve that. I am using the following jar plugin configuration.

<plugin>
            <executions>
                <execution>
                    <id>make-a-jar</id>
                    <phase>package</phase>
                    <goals>
                        <goal>jar</goal>
                    </goals>
                </execution>
            </executions>
            <configuration>
                <classesDirectory>${project.build.outputDirectory}</classesDirectory>
                <includes>
                    <include>../../src/main/webapp/**</include>
                    <include>**/*</include>
                </includes>
            </configuration>
</plugin>

The "package" command produces a jar file that contains the classes and the contents of 'resources' folder and war file produces a proper 'war' file. But the contents of 'src/main/webapp' are not included in the jar file. How to include the contents of src/main/webapp in the jar using the jar plugin?

Stack Overflow Question
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15509893/how-to-create-a-war-and-jar-from-a-web-project

Re: how to include 'src/main/webapp' in a jar file?

Posted by Aliaksei Lahachou <al...@gmail.com>.
You may also try maven-assembly-plugin. It may be a little difficult to
configure without experience, but it is very flexible.

Regards,
htfv (Aliaksei Lahachou)

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.