Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Bedrijven.nl" <ma...@bedrijven.nl> on 2004/05/13 09:05:39 UTC

losing memory

Hi all,

The situation:

I have several webapplications running on Tomcat (4.1.27). I work with
virtual hosts in server.xml. So everything works fine and fast, that's not
the problem. But I see a behavior of the free memory allocation I can't
clearify. So what's the problem? when I start (or restart) tomcat I see (I
created a stats jsp) a free memory allocation of approx. 900 MB (1024 MB
allocated). During days, and weeks this free memory is decreasing. I looked
to the free memory (application friday restarted) and after a gc the free
memory is 760 MB. The applications still working very good and fast but it
seems that each day some free memory is lost??(memory leaking??) But why is
tomcat not allocated the memory back after a specific time (like a gc)? Who
can explain this behavior?

Thanx in advanced.

Maarten