Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <br...@users.sf.net> on 2013/11/01 19:44:15 UTC

[allura:tickets] #6801 Options to parallelize last_commit_ids

- **Size**:  --> 2

---

** [tickets:#6801] Options to parallelize last_commit_ids**

**Status:** open
**Labels:** performance
**Created:** Sat Oct 26, 2013 04:22 AM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Sat Oct 26, 2013 04:22 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

For faster `last_commit_ids` processing, we should run N `git log` commands in parallel.  We may want to require minimum number of files/dirs before running in parallel if there is significant enough overhead in spinning up new threads.  (See runtests.py for an example of a threadpool running external commands)

This will largely remove the benefit of the current iterative approach, which can short-circuit some commands if files/dirs have the same last commit.  We can try to keep some of it, though, for cases where the parallelism is less than the total number of files/dirs.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/