Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Bejoy KS <be...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/08 14:36:29 UTC

Hive and Hbase not working with cloudera VM

Hi
        I was using cloudera training VM to test out my map reduce codes
which was working really well. Now i do have some requirements to run
hive,hbase,Sqoop as well on on this VM for testing purposes. For hive and
hbase I'm able to log in on to the cli client, but none of the commands are
getting executed. The errors popping out are as follows

*HBase* : a simple create command
ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException:
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase

*Hive* - cmd: show tables;
FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOFatalDataStoreException: Cannot get
a connection, pool error Could not create a validated object, cause: A
read-only user or a user in a read-only database is not permitted to disable
read-only mode on a connection.
NestedThrowables:
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection, pool
error Could not create a validated object, cause: A read-only user or a user
in a read-only database is not permitted to disable read-only mode on a
connection.
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

 I'm on cloudera-demo-0.3.7 demo VM . Please advise.

Thank You

Regards
Bejoy.K.S

Re: Hive and Hbase not working with cloudera VM

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hello Bejoy,

Moving this discussion to the cdh-user@cloudera.org lists
(Subscribe-able at
https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/group/cdh-user/topics) since
it may be Cloudera-VM specific.

(bcc'd common-user and mapreduce-user. Please avoid cross posting in future! :))

My comments inline.

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Bejoy KS <be...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>         I was using cloudera training VM to test out my map reduce codes
> which was working really well. Now i do have some requirements to run
> hive,hbase,Sqoop as well on on this VM for testing purposes. For hive and
> hbase I'm able to log in on to the cli client, but none of the commands are
> getting executed. The errors popping out are as follows
>
> HBase : a simple create command
> ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException:
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException:
> KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase

Can you ensure ZooKeeper is up and running? HBase requires ZooKeeper
for various management and operational reasons.

$ /etc/init.d/hadoop-zookeeper-server restart

> Hive - cmd: show tables;
> FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOFatalDataStoreException: Cannot get
> a connection, pool error Could not create a validated object, cause: A
> read-only user or a user in a read-only database is not permitted to disable
> read-only mode on a connection.
> NestedThrowables:
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection, pool
> error Could not create a validated object, cause: A read-only user or a user
> in a read-only database is not permitted to disable read-only mode on a
> connection.
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

Did you run Hive with multiple user names? If there's no critical data
in hive yet, can you try deleting the local metastore_db directory
away and try starting Hive again?

>  I'm on cloudera-demo-0.3.7 demo VM . Please advise.

P.s. There is a new VM available for download with the latest
components at https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/SUPPORT/Downloads for
various types of players. Perhaps you'd like to try those as they are
more recent and come with the latest CDH3u1 packages all set up?

--
Harsh J

Re: Hive and Hbase not working with cloudera VM

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hello Bejoy,

--
Harsh J