Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/24 23:24:44 UTC

Validation Framework: html tag required for form elements

For the validation framework to operate, is it necessary that struts tags are
used to write out form fields?

Or is it possible to use plain html?  For example, will this work:

<input type="text" name="validateMe" value="test">

Thanks,

Matt

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Re: Validation Framework: html tag required for form elements

Posted by David Winterfeldt <dw...@yahoo.com>.
It isn't necessary for struts to write out the field
as long as the name of the input matches the property
name of the field.  So in your example you would have
a getValidateMe method.  I'm assuming your still going
through an Action (if not you can still get it to
work, but you will have to change some things).

David

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/