Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lee Kyon <ky...@sobaco.ch> on 2002/03/25 13:27:04 UTC

Tomcat & IIS + MemoryRealm

Hi,

I've installed Tomcat 4.0.3 on a Win 2k Server and installed the redirector
plugin so that IIS redirects JSP  and Servlet requests to Tomat. Everything
works fine, Tomcat serves JSP and servlets are running.

Here's the problem:
Tomcat's built-in MemoryRealm doesn't work when trying it via IIS. When
using the 8080 Port while trying to  access a protected file the browser is
redirected to the login page and upon succesful login to the requested
secure page. When I try the same thing through IIS Tomcat sends me to a 403
Restricted Area Access  Denied page. Attempts to log in by calling the login
page manually result in a 404 error for j_security_check,  the action
specified in the login form. I've already tried to include j_security_check
in the  uriworkermap.properties, but with no success.

Any help is appreciated

Lee

Running a bean when tomcat starts.

Posted by Rui Oliveira <ol...@ipn.pt>.
Hello,

I have a question. Is it possible to instantiate a user-class when
tomcat starts? What must I do in order to do it?

TIA
Rui Oliveira

Re: Tomcat & IIS + MemoryRealm

Posted by "A. Lai" <am...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Lee,

I have installed Tomcat 4.03 on Win2K Server but it always complains about
the redirector .dll cannot load. Can you give me some pointers as to which
documentation you use? Thanks.

Alec