Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by "Jean-Louis FRENKEL (jlf)" <jl...@mdtvision.com> on 2009/02/26 14:07:30 UTC

How to reference a page or a bookmark in an PDF attached file

Hello,

It is possible to reference a specific page in a PDF document as follow:
http://baseUrl/file.pdf#page=20

Is it possible to do the same with an attached PDF file, and how?

Thank you ind advance for your answer

Jean-Louis

--
MDTVISION an IBM Company
Siège Social : 31, avenue de la Baltique, Parc d’Activités de Courtaboeuf, 91140 Villebon sur Yvette

Re: How to reference a page or a bookmark in an PDF attached file

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@iki.fi>.
Not reliably.  Some embedded readers support adding the #page=xxx,
says Google, but at least my Mac nor my Linux machine didn't seem to
work.

/Janne

Posted by Gavin Goldsmith <gg...@pnp.co.za>.
Hi

> It is possible to reference a specific page in a PDF document
> as follow:
> http://baseUrl/file.pdf#page=20

Wow! You learn something new every day - thanks for the tip.

> Is it possible to do the same with an attached PDF file, and how?

I just tested it and, with the document attached to the page and a full
URL, it works as you've described:
    [PDF Ref|http://jspwiki/jspwiki/attach/sandbox/howto.pdf#page=30]

Gavin

Read our disclaimer at: http://www.picknpay.co.za/pnp/view/pnp/en/page5093?
If you don't have web access, the disclaimer can be mailed to you on request.
Disclaimer requests to be sent to it-security@pnp.co.za