Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Daniel Schömer <da...@gmx.net> on 2005/09/28 14:30:20 UTC

[m2] compile errors for clover:report with wrong dependency declaration order

Hi,

I have just downloaded m2-beta-2 and found some interesting fact
about the dependency declaration order in pom.xml when executing
the clover:report goal.

My project has a dependency to commons-lang with compile scope and
junit with test scope.  Since commons-lang declares junit as
compile-time dependency, I've excluded the junit dependency from
commons-lang.

If I execute the clover:report goal now, junit is not included in
the classpath during compiler:testCompile which results in
compilation errors (TestCase class not found).

But if I move the declaration of the junit dependency in pom.xml
above the commons-lang dependency, junit is included in the
classpath during compiler:testCompile of clover:report and the
test classes can be compiled.

Is this an expected behaviour?

This results in compilation errors for clover:report:
  <project>
    <dependencies>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>commons-lang</groupId>
        <artifactId>commons-lang</artifactId>
        <version>2.1</version>
        <scope>compile</scope>
        <exclusions>
          <exclusion>
            <groupId>junit</groupId>
            <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
          </exclusion>
        </exclusions>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>junit</groupId>
        <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
        <version>3.8.1</version>
        <scope>test</scope>
      </dependency>

With this, test classes can be compiled for clover:report:
  <project>
    <dependencies>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>junit</groupId>