Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Harald Wopenka <hw...@spar.at> on 2002/12/11 09:14:47 UTC

[users@httpd] SSI does not work

Hi there,

I have this line which does not work:
<!--#exec cmd="c:/winnt/support/tlist.exe">

It should place the output of tlist.exe in my HTML-File, but it doesn't. I
don't get an error. It just doesn't work.

My config is fine. When I write something like <!--#xyz--> the proper
errormessage appears.

Maybe someone has an idea why it fails.

Thanks,
Harry

Here are some keylines out of httpd.conf:

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks +Includes +ExecCGI
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .htm .shtm .html .shtml

Re: [users@httpd] SSI does not work

Posted by Ian Stuart <Ia...@ed.ac.uk>.
On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 08:14, Harald Wopenka wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have this line which does not work:
> <!--#exec cmd="c:/winnt/support/tlist.exe">
>
> It should place the output of tlist.exe in my HTML-File, but it doesn't. I
> don't get an error. It just doesn't work.
>
> My config is fine. When I write something like <!--#xyz--> the proper
> errormessage appears.
>
> Maybe someone has an idea why it fails.
A thought for you... does the .exe file print an http header?

It needs to.

Don't ask me *why*, I just know that I've had to do that for my scripts
(OK, So I'm using unix, not Win... the http is http :)

--
--==++
Ian Stuart: Edinburgh University Data Library.

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty