Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by LuisLo <he...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/09 08:22:18 UTC

Importing Bundles

I have three bundles:
sacomar_iii_srv_updateApplication_api (API)
sacomar_iii_srv_updateApplication (implementation)
sacomar_iii_terminal (use the API)

In the pom to generate sacomar_iii_terminal I include the dependency to
sacomar_iii_srv_updateApplication_api, never to the implementation.

However, when I inspect sacomar_iii_srv_updateApplication in the web console
I see that it has a dependency with sacomar_iii_terminal (Importing
Bundles):

<http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/file/t498086/Importing_Bundles.png>

Why is the bundle importing sacomar_iii_terminal if it don't use any of its
packages?

Re: Importing Bundles

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

When you use maven-bundle-plugin (for instance with something like
Import-Package: *), bnd will analyse to find the required import.
Sometime it's not always super accurate (in term of version, or import).

So, check your pom, I'm pretty sure it's a mistake there.

You can see how we do in the karaf examples.

Regards
JB

On 09/01/2020 09:22, LuisLo wrote:
> I have three bundles:
> sacomar_iii_srv_updateApplication_api (API)
> sacomar_iii_srv_updateApplication (implementation)
> sacomar_iii_terminal (use the API)
>
> In the pom to generate sacomar_iii_terminal I include the dependency to
> sacomar_iii_srv_updateApplication_api, never to the implementation.
>
> However, when I inspect sacomar_iii_srv_updateApplication in the web console
> I see that it has a dependency with sacomar_iii_terminal (Importing
> Bundles):
>
> <http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/file/t498086/Importing_Bundles.png>
>
> Why is the bundle importing sacomar_iii_terminal if it don't use any of its
> packages?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net