Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Fabrice Fontenoy <fa...@sophia.inria.fr> on 2009/10/27 13:33:51 UTC

Use of CXF without javax.wsdl.extensions.soap12 package

Hi,

We've got a problem using CXF in our project since it uses the wsdl4j
library. This library is under the CPL licence which is not compatible
with our project licence (GPL).

One solution is to replace this lib with either groovysoap-all.jar or
axis-wsdl4j.jar (ASL licence compatible with GPLv3).
It works fine with our implementation using Axis2 (that normally uses
wsdl4j too) but it doesn't with CXF since it needs
classes of the javax.wsdl.extensions.soap12 package.

Is there a way to use CXF (to programmatically expose and consume
services) without using javax.wsdl.extensions.soap12 ?
Have you already faced this licence issue and found a better solution ?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Fabrice Fontenoy

Re: Use of CXF without javax.wsdl.extensions.soap12 package

Posted by Fabrice Fontenoy <fa...@sophia.inria.fr>.
Finally, I've found the library
org.apache.servicemix.bundles.wsdl4j-1.6.1_1.jar available on
http://servicemix.apache.org/SMX4/bundles-repository.html which is under
ASL2.0.

That solves all my problems.

Fabrice