Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Igor Román Mariño <ir...@sidereus.pt> on 2001/10/29 17:31:22 UTC

newbie questions

Hi!
I'm trying to develop a net site with HTML::Embperl, but im getting some
"newbie" problems.

What i want to do:
have embedperl code in ~/gestdep/ehtml and subdirs.
Use .ehtml extension to embperl code

what i tried:
amongst other combinations, i added the following to commonhttpd.conf
--
Alias /gestdep /home/irm/gestdep/ehtml
<IfModule mod_perl.c>
#    PerlModule Apache::Registry
     AddType text/html .ehtml
    <Location /gestdep/*.ehtml>
	SetHandler perl-script
	PerlHandler HTML::Embperl #Apache::PerlRun
	Options -Indexes ExecCGI
	PerlSendHeader On
	</Location>
</IfModule>
--
and in ~/gestdep/ehtml/.htacess
--

what happened:
Embperl scripts dont run. they show the code instead of the results.

what i've got:
A mandrake 8.1 install, with apache, mod-perl, HTML::embperl, could suply
more info if needed.

Please help me!  I'm not very apache-proeficient, and need to get this done!
Thanx in advance: Igor

Igor Román Marino - Software Engineer

Sidereus S.A. - Rigorous Solutions for Software Systems
                Rua Júlio Dinis, 204, S 314, 4050-315 Porto
->              Praça Conde Agrolongo, 59, 3ºA, 4710 Braga

Contacts:  +351.22.6080000 (office)
           +351.22.6008386 (fax)
->         +351.91.9151575 (mobile)

E-Mail: irm@sidereus.pt; Web Site: http://www.sidereus.pt
/* Igor Roman Marino             irm@sidereus.pt   */
/* Systems & Computers Eng.    + 351 919 151 575   */
/*        \///                   ICQ: 61 481 186   */
/*       (. .)                 "e pluribus linux"  */