Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Punit Naik <na...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/01 13:53:04 UTC

Re: Regression using MapReduce

So is the MapReduce implementation of Regression written in Mahout-Samsara?
I have written stable MapReduce codes for Regression, that is why I was
interested.

Thank You

Punit Naik

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
There is a menu full of references starting here: http://mahout.apache.org/users/sparkbindings/home.html

Mahout-Samsara is a Linear Algebra DSL written as an extension of Scala that includes most of the R-Like primitives you need. As opposed to MLlib, which has a good number of algorithms but lacks the generality. They both run on Spark and can be combined in your own code.

The Linear Regression Ted mentions is in Hadoop MapReduce and so is not a good starting point code-wise.