Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ka...@gmx.de on 2011/11/04 16:51:44 UTC

Re: [Profiling] How to profile/tune Solr server

Hi Spark,

2009 there was a monitor from lucidimagination:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/about/news/releases/lucid-imagination-releases-performance-monitoring-utility-open-source-apache-lucene

A colleague of mine calls the sematext-monitor "trojan" because "SPM phone home":
"Easy in, easy out - if you try SPM and don't like it, simply stop and remove the small client-side piece that sends us your data"
http://sematext.com/spm/solr-performance-monitoring/index.html

Looks like other people using a "real profiler" like YourKit Java Profiler
http://forums.yourkit.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3850

There is also an article about Zabbix
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2011/10/02/monitoring-apache-solr-and-lucidworks-with-zabbix/

In your case any profiler would do, but if you find out a Profiler with solr-specific default-filter let me know.

Best regrads
  Karsten

P.S. eMail in context
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Profiling-How-to-profile-tune-Solr-server-td3467027.html

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Posted by yu shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the information.

Posted by yu shen <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
NewRelic also offers an online Solr monitoring tool. You can sign up via
the Lucid Imagination site.

http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/?q=new+relic#/s:lucid

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: [Profiling] How to profile/tune Solr server

Posted by Sujatha Arun <su...@gmail.com>.
hi ,

Posted by Andre Bois-Crettez <an...@kelkoo.com>.
SolrMeter is useful too, it can be plugged to a production server just
to watch evolution of caches usage :
http://code.google.com/p/solrmeter/wiki/Screenshots#CacheHistoryStatistic
André