Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/29 23:49:40 UTC

Changes to memapp-received propagate to secretary workbench

Yikes.

Maybe this is just how secretary workbench is supposed to work.

Hopefully we can figure out (document) how long you have to wait before the change to memapp-received.txt manages to show up in the tool.

Craig

Re: Changes to memapp-received propagate to secretary workbench

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 7:49 PM Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yikes.
>
> Maybe this is just how secretary workbench is supposed to work.
>
> Hopefully we can figure out (document) how long you have to wait before the change to memapp-received.txt manages to show up in the tool.

Currently, svn update runs as a cron job every 10 minutes:

https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-puppet/blob/2e09e77d1d7717201ea8a636058ca334ae3c36fd/modules/whimsy_server/manifests/cronjobs.pp#L12

The infrastructure team is working on an enhancement to pypubsub so
that which can be notified of changes to svn as they happen, and in
response will do things like svn update on demand.  Once that is
complete, the update would be in seconds (and quite likely
sub-second).

> Craig

- Sam Ruby