Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Purcell, Scott" <sp...@dcspremedia.com> on 2001/05/18 15:46:34 UTC

port 8080 to port 80?

Hello,
I am using the Tomcat learning Servlets and JSP. All is well. I would like
to change the port from 8080 to 80.
I have Martys Halls book and it says to edit the port number in the
/install_dir/webserver.xml file and replace 8080 with 80. But I do not see
the line as he shows on page 16 of his book.

I believe this would be simple. Has anyone done this on tomcat 3.22b2?

Thanks you

Scott Purcell

Re: port 8080 to port 80?

Posted by Christoph Kukulies <ku...@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>.
On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 08:46:34AM -0500, Purcell, Scott wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using the Tomcat learning Servlets and JSP. All is well. I would like
> to change the port from 8080 to 80.
> I have Martys Halls book and it says to edit the port number in the
> /install_dir/webserver.xml file and replace 8080 with 80. But I do not see

I did that here (maybe I'm not using the same version than you) but it's the
line in
/usr/local/build/tomcat/conf/server.xml:
      <Parameter name="handler" value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.Http
ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8080"/>
                                          ^^^^

which you have to change to 80 or vice versa.